ThirdOffer - Helping Toyota Dealers Improve their TLE Score
- TLE is a singular measurement created by Toyota to replace CSI (Customer
Satisfaction Index). It measures sales and service loyalty based on customer actions.
- The TLE score is important for many reasons, none more important than
the fact that its a measurement included in the Toyota dealer agreement.
- Toyota also created The LEO platform, a dealer daily app allowing
Toyota dealers to pull their TLE customer lists.
- ThirdOffer is a web app that takes the LEO platform to the next level
by identifying customers that are decreasing a dealers TLE score and providing the necessary tools
and information to re-engage those customers.
Lesson: Simple problems need simple solutions
When I started this project, I didn't know how to improve TLE scores. I just knew there is a list
of Toyota owners that don't use their local Toyota dealership and I needed to change that. I
thought a specialized CRM that focused on TLE customer lists, to track sales and service history
and any re-engagement attempts was a good start. So that's what I built...
I signed up for Bubble.io to build the CRM, it's a good low-code tool for a minimal viable
product. I built the CRM fairly quickly, and it worked, but it was overkill.
I didn't realize that improving a dealers TLE score was such a simple problem.
- Identify the customers decreasing the TLE score
- Identify the services those customer need right now
- Offer it to them
I'm rethinking the solution, maybe a familiar spreadsheet for the list with a few extra tools to
help communicate with the customers.